Independence Day is the perfect excuse to show off all of your culinary talents (and hot bod- due to your trusty Ultimate Beauty Body Formula). But don't worry- you don't need to be a Master Chef to perfect these healthy recipes. Here are 3 healthy recipes that promise to be crowd pleasers, but that will also keep you looking fierce in that red, white, and blue bikini.
This recipe is just about as easy as it gets (and is great if you are lacking in the culinary skills department).
Yogurt covered pretzels
1. Place the cherries at the top of the tray for the first stripe, then the yogurt pretzels, then the strawberries, a second row of yogurt pretzels, and then the raspberries. Use the blueberries in the top left corner of the tray for the stars.
BB Tip: choose organic fruits and use Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt covered pretzels!
1. Cut the bananas in half lengthwise and then in half again to make four quarters and insert the popsicle sticks. Lay the bananas on a cookie sheet and let them freeze.
2. Once frozen, melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 30 seconds (add a little coconut oil to the chocolate), stir frequently.
3. Dip the bananas inside of the chocolate (one at a time) and scrape the excess dripping chocolate from the back of the bananas.
4. Add sprinkles (or other toppings) before the chocolate hardens.
5. Freeze again.
BB Tip: The darker the chocolate, the better. Also, if you are using additional toppings we recommend toppings like chopped walnuts or shaved almonds!
This snack will be a hit for kids and adults alike! Popcorn is a GREAT guilt-free snack that adds a beautiful, healthy pop to any snack table!
6-7 cups of popcorn
Red and Blue M&Ms
Wilton edible glimmering shimmering stars
1. Melt the white chocolate and spread the popcorn on a baking sheet.
2. Pour white chocolate over popcorn until fully coated, toss.
3. Sprinkle M&Ms and edible glitter stars on top. Allow chocolate to set for 15 minutes.
4. Put in refrigerator if you are not going to eat the popcorn right away. Enjoy!
BB Tip: Find a pure white chocolate with little-added sugar, and use air-popped popcorn.
Comments will be approved before showing up.