Make it Paleo
Typically you'll know if someone follows a paleo diet, because they LOVE to talk about it. Whether it's the latest recipe they've made, or their newest grain-free obsession, they are passionate folks. While we recommend finding a nutrition plan that works for your needs, making paleo baked goods is never a bad idea. Take your favorite childhood banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, or lemon loaf and try to make them paleo. By doing this, you will get both the benefits of reminiscing on sweet, childhood memories while also maintaining a slim waistline. These recipes work because they are typically lower in carbohydrates, are free from refined sugars and have an extremely clean ingredient list.
Here's two recipes for easy, tasty, paleo baked goods.
1. Chocolate Avocado Cookies
While this may seem like an odd combo, don't judge it before you've tried it. These are simply scrumptious!
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 ounce very well chopped unsweetened dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Prep a baking sheet with parchment
- Mix the baking soda and the water in a small bowl
- Using an electric hand mixer (or a whisk), whip the avocado well. Add the maple syrup (or honey), and continue whipping until smooth
- Add the egg and mix
- Add the cocoa powder a little at a time while continuing to mix on slow/medium speed. Once it's all added, turn the speed back up to high, and mix well.
- Add the baking soda/water while still mixing on high.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir to combine. The dough will be fairly soft.
- Using a 2 Tbsp scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepped cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookie slightly with a spoon
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet or a wire rack for 5-10 minutes, then move to the wire rack to finish coolin
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
Try this recipe for a healthier version of your childhood treats!
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 whole eggs
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and eggs until a batter is created
3. Add in the chocolate chips, and stir to distribute them evenly
4. Use a tablespoon to place the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheet, and use your hands to flatten the cookies
5. Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
With Summer right around the corner, we are always looking for healthy recipes to try! In addition to taking our Ultimate Beauty Body Formula during the day, these treats pair perfectly with our Beauty Sleep Tea at night. Try adapting old recipes that could use an upgrade by making them paleo. You will not be disappointed and your waistline will thank you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.