With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we want to give our Beauties a few dishes that your guests will love that won't hurt your waistline. Here are a few of our favorites this holiday season.
If you haven't heard of delicata squash, it's definitely a must for your Thanksgiving table. Try one of our favorite recipe staples below:
1. Blend adobo, tahini, shallots, orange juice, apple, and water in a blender until smooth and creamy.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat both squash and cauliflower with thin layer of olive oil, and salt.
2. Roast both on 2 separate baking sheets in oven for 25 minutes. Check on veggies after 10 minutes and flip pieces over. Then combine both in a bowl; add Granny Smith apple.
1. Right before serving add lime zest and lime juice and mix in capers and pumpkin seeds with the squash and cauliflower mix.
2. Place squash and cauliflower mixture on plate, and spoon dollops of the Chipotle-Tahini sauce throughout (and on top of veggies), and then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and lime zest.
Get fired up with this easy, delicious chili. This is a great addition for the Thanksgiving table and for leftovers!
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add turkey and cook until browned.
4. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans.
6. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more.
7. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
1. Prepare a grill for medium-heat cooking. In a small bowl, whisk together honey with 1 tablespoon hot water.
2. Brush cut side of fruit with honey mixture and grill 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning over halfway through grilling and brushing again with honey mixture.
3. Grill cake slices 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly charred on both sides. 4. Coarsely chop grilled fruit (some skins might slip off, but it’s not necessary to remove all skins).5. Toss fruit with thyme and any remaining honey mixture until evenly combined. Cut grilled cake into bite-size pieces.6. Layer half of the cake pieces in a glass trifle dish or clear glass bowl. Top with half of the fruit and half of the yogurt.7. Repeat with remaining ingredients (reserving 1/4 cup fruit mixture for top of trifle).
8. Keep refrigerated and serve within 1 day of assembly.Bringing these along to holiday gatherings, or serving them in your own home, is a great way to help you stick to your goals while enjoying the bold and delicious flavors of the holiday. Get our FREE nutrition plan now by clicking the image below and by entering your email address.
Comments will be approved before showing up.