Weight Loss Tips and Beauty Tricks for the Ultimate Music Festival
Electric Daisy Carnival is a weekend like no other. Seven incredible stages, carnival rides and interactive art installations are over-the-top, colorful and loud—why should your look be anything less? You’ve already grabbed your neon fluffies and fluorescent tutu, but there is so much more to consider to ensure your experience is as fun as possible. When your bikini is neon, feathered and bedazzled, it’s even more important to get BikiniBOD ready.
Eat Right to Dance the Night Away
You can’t expect to dance for three days straight if you’re not properly fueled. What you eat and drink leading up to EDC is just as important as what you consume while you’re there, so be aware of what you snack on as you craft that custom headpiece.
- Avoid Foods that Bloat: Stay away from salt, carbs and alcohol to display your tight and toned hard work to the fullest. Bloat-inducing foods like beans, Brussels sprouts, prunes, and apricots contain sugars and starches that may cause gassiness and discomfort, while artificial sweeteners like Sorbitol can’t be digested and can cause intestinal issues. All-bran cereals, celery and watermelon fight the inflation while keeping you adequately fed, so snack smart! For an extra boost, BikiniBOD capsules contain Uva Ursi, which goes to work as a diuretic to expel excess water from under your skin and push it out through your kidneys, relieving unflattering and uncomfortable bloat.
- Staying hydrated: Get a jump start at least a week before the event by drinking slightly over the recommended eight glasses a day. This will help all of your systems function at an optimal level (even helping to clear skin!) so you join the crowd looking and feeling your absolute best. EDC has free hydration stations that ruin your excuse of “forgetting” to drink plenty of water, so fill up those bottles and keep ‘em coming.
- Eat more fiber!: A fiber-rich diet is important year-round, but at a time when you’re about to tie on a teeny tube top and get a little crazy, eating foods that regulate your digestive tract and help lose weight are key.
- Fill up with cucumbers, blueberries, beans, nuts, dark green leafy vegetables, green beans, celery, and carrots. They’ll keep you satisfied longer so you can concentrate less on a grumbling stomach and more on pushing your way to the front to catch a glimpse of Armin Van Buuren.
Fast Fitness Routines: Quick Fix for Abs, Arms, and of course the Booty
Try out these cool variations on exercise staples to get the perfect booty for those booty shorts, a flat stomach for that fab outfit, and toned arms to wave in the air like you just don’t care.
- Curtsy Squats for Inner Thighs and Glutes: Start standing with your feet hip width apart. Keeping your weight in your left foot, take a big step back with your right leg, crossing it behind your left leg (practicing your best princess curtsy). Slowly bend your knees and lower your body straight down until your front thigh is parallel to the floor, and both knees are bent at 90 degrees. Remember to keep your back straight and your core tight and stable. Do 15 reps on one leg, then switch to do 15 on the other.
- Lying Leg Lifts for Abs and Obliques: Lie on the floor on your back, legs extended straight out with arms at your sides. Keeping the left leg on the ground, lift the right leg straight into the air. Lower it slowly for five seconds, concentrating on engaging the core and controlling the leg’s movement rather than letting it drop. Once the right leg has returned to the ground, repeat on the left. Continue alternating for 60 seconds.
- Decline Push Ups for Chest and Biceps: Starting on your hands and knees, place your hands on the ground, about shoulder width or a little wider. Using a bench or stability ball (or anything 6 inches-two feet off the ground), prop your feet up one at a time, then realign your body so that it is a straight line from shoulders to hips to toes, without sagging or arching. Lower your upper body to the floor while maintaining a stable body position, then return to start. Do 10 reps.
Carnival-Ready Beauty Tips: If All Else Fails, Add Some Glitter…
If you’re a concealer-and-lip-balm kind of girl, EDC is your chance to rock outrageous makeup in a community of awesomely outrageous people. Make it colorful, make it big, and make it last…and if all else fails, add some glitter.
- Break out those bright colors! (Sorry taupe, beige, and nude, you weren’t invited.) Experiment with neon green eyeshadow, purple liquid liner, and hot pink lips. If you have an artistic flair, a steady hand and some faith, give face paint a go. Having fun is what the weekend is all about, and taking risks with your makeup colors and designs is the best way to flaunt what you’ve got.
- One coat of mascara just won’t cut it! If you’re going for a look that wows, false eye lashes are essential. Opt for a thick strip style or embellished falsies with feathers or rhinestones. When used correctly, they can pull an entire look together and seriously bring out your eyes in the hundreds of [necessary] selfies you’ll take.
- Prep and set your face to ensure you won’t be the victim of a rainbow makeup meltdown. Primers can be found at any drugstore and help smooth the surface of the skin to help makeup adhere more evenly.
After you’ve painted and perfected, finish with makeup setting spray, which prevents makeup from settling into fine lines and fading from oil and sweat. You want to be vibrant from head to toe—don’t let smudged eyeliner take that away.
If you’re headed to EDC this weekend, have fun, stay hydrated, and most importantly, be safe! Dancing with your friends at one of the craziest music festivals around is sure to be a lifetime memory, so parade your BikiniBOD around to as many stages as you can and have a blast!
Hey EDC veterans, know of any other tips we forgot to mention?
Let us know in the comments below!
Love our blogs? Subscribe to our newsletter for new blog postings, free BikiniBOD promotional gifts and more!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.